Saturday, April 26, 2014

Creating Horror Film Posters, "Where you going Oppa?"

My friend and I always had deep concern over the Kpop Idol life in South Korea. There's a whole bunch of stalker fans over there crossing boundaries. All the stories of what happens between singing idols and over obsessed fans are just horror movies in the making. So my idea is based off of that.

I used Photoshop and went by this awesome tutorial. http://blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/tutorials/create-a-raw-horror-movie-poster-design-in-photoshop

I did a mock poster in English and in Korean. "Oppa" means "Big Brother" in Korean. It is also used as a pet name for men, boyfriends, idols, etc. You can usually hear fangirls wailing this, "OPPA! OPPA! Touch me oppa! Give me an autograph oppa! I love you!" The stalker fan girls get pretty violent and sexual. Human rights is pretty much violated. Beware.

Credit for the Folded Paper Texture: SPikEtheSWeDe (http://spiketheswede.deviantart.com/art/)

No comments:

Post a Comment